Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A New Year!

                            


We had a pretty great end to 2013. Caden and I traveled to the US the end of November. We traveled to South Carolina for a huge family reunion for my Grandmas 90th Birthday and Thanksgiving and then back to Tallahassee for two weeks. We had a great visit and saw lots of family and friends. It was so fun to see all the kids play together since they are all walking! While there we found out that both of my brother's families are expecting baby #2! We already know one is a boy due in June and the other is still not known but due in late July. Also, two of my friends are expecting in July! The first for one and the second for the other! The summer of 2014 is going to be a big baby boom!

After a rocky trip back to Japan, including an overnight delay in Tokyo! we were happy to be reunited with Josh. After a week of jet lag and colds it was time for Christmas! We went to a Christmas Eve candle light church service on a nearby Army base. We had a great Christmas morning with just the three of us opening gifts and just being together. Later we went to a friends house and enjoyed a Christmas spread with some of our Oki friends. We all have 1 year olds, so they keep each other, and us, entertained! 

New Year's Eve we had dinner with friends and then headed home. Josh and I stayed up and watched fireworks from our balcony from a nearby hotel. New Year's Day we went to Kokusai Street downtown in Naha. We spent the day checking out the interesting things Okinawa has to offer! 

2014 is already of to a great start! Josh received Airman of the Quarter for his group, winner out of five squadrons, and was given two awards! I am so proud of all that he has accomplished since April! This past weekend my best friend got engaged! So happy for her! Always a bridesmaid is now THE BRIDE!!! Her fiancé is awesome, so what it took a while...just waiting for the perfect match to come along!! Josh and I are now talking about making the trip back to the states for the wedding later this year. 

We are in early stages of potty training! We are soooo ready to be done with diapers, but we are letting Caden go at his own pace! He will get it when he's ready. He does like to sit on the potty and is identifying with the words poop and pee. He's had a few haircuts now and looks more like a little boy and less like a baby! Wah! I can't believe I am 5 months from having a 2 year old!

Josh and I have been wanting to expand our family for a while now, but we aren't having any luck. It's a bummer but as of right now we still aren't planning on fertility treatments. My annoyance right now is with people comments such as, Emily better get busy and oh now Emily needs to have a baby etc just because both of my brothers are. Shut up people!! 

I'm joining a dragon boat team here and start practice in Febraury. I am super excited although it's a very tough schedule! Looking forward to getting some great arms from rowing! Our big race will be May 5th!

I am hoping to get more regular with my blogging and finish getting my house decorated! Those are just two of my goals for the year (I have a bunch!)














1 comment: